1.A:How are you doing? 你好吗?
【比How are you?更地道、更亲切!学了十年英语的人也没几个会说!下次见了外国人只管脱口而出,一定会一鸣惊人!】
B:I'm doing fine /OK /pretty well /terrific.
【虽然回答很简单,但是也有很多人不能马上脱口而出】
或:Not bad. /The same as ever. / I can't complain too much.
【因为用“How are you doing?”打招呼显得比较亲切,所以如果你不太舒服,可以如实回答:】
C:Terrible. I've had a headache all morning. 难受死了,我整个早上都头疼。
2.A:How's it going? 近况如何?
B:Fine. / Pretty good. 挺好的。
A: How's everything with you /going? 你一切如何?
B: Well. I'm still alive and kicking. 我仍然活蹦乱跳/活着混日子 。
3.A:How've you been? 你近来怎么样?
B:Does't make sase. 不算太好。
4.A:How are things with you /going? 一切都好吗?/事情进行的怎样
B:Great./I'm just taking one day at a time. 棒极了。/我只是做一天和尚撞一天钟。
5.Things look black. 前途暗淡。
Things are looking up. 情况在好转。
A:What's happening with you these days? 就是你近来好吗?
【What's happening?的原意是“有什么事?”现在已演变成“你好吗?”】
B:Nothing much.没什么。
6.I'd stay if they promoted me,but I can't see that happenings.
假如他们提升我,我就留下来,但我看那是不可能的。
A:What's new?/What's up? 有什么新鲜事?
B:Not much./Nothing in particular./Nothing special.没什么、没什么特别的。
7.I could tell something was up by the look on their faces. 我一看他们的脸色就知道有事。